Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Beta Draw #4

Just got the results back from my beta this morning.... it went up a whopping 4 points to 49.  So needless to say, its not a vanishing twin, they even said its not ectopic (which were our best and worst case scenarios).  They told me to stop the progesterone (because it's falsely helping to sustain the pregnancy) and Lovonox and to come back in for another blood draw a week after I start bleeding. 

So, now the big question we will be pondering is do I stop the progesterone now, and begin miscarrying over Christmas, or do I put it off so I can try to enjoy the holiday?

The only problem is, we are heading into a spring season that Travs will be gone, and we can probably get 2 more cycles between now and then (barely), but if I put it off for a while, that will delay the next blood draw, which will delay the next cycle, which will not give us a chance to do two before he goes.  (Damn you military, you're messing up my 'baby making timeline'!!!)

I guess we'll have a lot to talk about tonight when he gets home, to figure out if tonight I shove that nice little tablet up my you-know-what, or if I get to enjoy waking up tomorrow without running to the bathroom before the progesterone goop comes dripping out! haha!  I know that is way to much info, but all my infertility ladies know EXACTLY what I'm talking about!!!

Thanks for all your support (especially those of you that stopped by from LFCA!).  It really does mean more then you know.

27 comments:

  1. Oh no. I'm so sorry. I was so hoping that you'd have better news. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry. I had a chemical pregnancy after my last IVF. When I stopped the meds, it took almost a week to start my period. I would stop that God awful progesterone now. I think you would be fine on Christmas day. I HATED the ick factor with putting progesterone in your lady business!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so so so sorry. I've been thinking about you and this news just f-ing blows. *hug* I'm here if you need me hon.

    I would stop the progesterone too because you still are likely not going to have to deal with it Christmas day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. well, this sucks.

    i'm sorry that the news wasn't better - but on the plus side, crack open that bottle of wine and have a drink. (and don't forget the sushi!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really wanted there to be a twin... :( I wish you had received better news. If I was you, I would stop the progesterone now and not miss any cycles. And like CBM said, crack open the bottle of wine. Big hugs friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry for what you are going through. It is terrible any time, even worse during the holidays. Not only is it marked on the calendar, but the holidays always seem tainted after that. Sending you much love.

    (I started to comment on your previous post, then my computer hiccuped and it disappeared. Then I saw your most current post. Apologies if you get inundated with comments from me!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, God. I am so so sorry. Thinking of you.

    Mo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm so sorry to hear about your sad news. Thinking of you....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sending a warm hug and a virtual cup of hot cocoa. I'm so sorry about your beta news, I know it must be so devastating and especially hard during the holiday season. Hoping you and your DH manage to get through it supporting each other as best as you can. -Traci (LFCA)

    ReplyDelete
  10. No other words except I'm so very sorry.

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thinking of you... I'm so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm very very sorry. What ever you decide I wish you well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so sorry. I've been there, only the holiday I was trying to save was Thanksgiving. I ended up using cytotec to bring on the miscarriage early rather than wait for the holiday to be ruined. I was so ready to get past it and try again. I hope that you get those cycles in, and that 2010 brings you joy.

    LFCA

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so sorry. Sending hugs and love (from LFCA...)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm sorry, Jenn. I know how hard it is to be a stepmom and to still go through all the motions of being a mom without all the benefits, especially through Christmas. Thinking of you.
    Love,
    Maddy

    ReplyDelete
  16. P.S. Not sure if you're already familiar with Jenicini, but her husband is in the military, too...
    http://jenicini.blogspot.com/2009/12/darn-good-day.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so sorry for you loss. I'm sending you {{hugs}} Here from LCFA

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm so sorry...it just stinks. I've been following you for a few days thru LCFA. Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm sorry, sweetie. I hope you guys will have plenty of time together to grieve. ((hugs)) from LFCA

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm so sorry, Jenn. I was praying so hard that it would go up. I hope you and your DH get some alone time during the next few days to grieve, cry, and heal. Lots of comforting hugs to you ...

    ReplyDelete
  21. J - I'm so sorry. Hope you are okay.

    ReplyDelete