Saturday, October 10, 2009

TFP---> BFP!!!

Ok blogging friends, I've been holding out on you.  I tested early on 12dpo (Thursday) because I knew that I would be going into the doctor for this cough that will not. go. away.  Trav even supported me in testing early (and he is usually totally by the book, follow doctors orders, test on 14dpo, no exception kinda guy).  We wanted to know if we would see anything, so I could tell my doctor if I might be pregnant or not. 

That is when I got my Thin Faint Positive
My doctor ended up being out of the office for the rest of the week, so they told me to go to urgent care (awesome insurance= no copay!).  They determined that I had bronchitis... as much as they could, because they didn't want to do an x-ray.  So now I'm on antibiotics.  I took my test stick in to the doctor, and he said 'in his professional opinion, I'm pregnant'. They also did a blood test, and I found out a few hours later that I REALLY AM!

Only by a couple of days- my 1st beta was 11.1.  Very low, but I also was only 12 dpo.  Of course when I got home, Dr. Google told me that other women who were 12dpo had beta's of 143 (!).  I suddenly felt worried.  Luckily, a close girlfriend told me to "Put the computer down!" I did, but it didn't stop me from obsessing.  My RE has surgery every Thursday, so I had to talk to the other doctor in his office's nurse.  She told the nurse practitioner, who I've seen just about as much as I've seen Dr. S.  She said congratulations, but wanted me to call back tomorrow to talk to Dr. S, in case he wants me to do anything over the weekend (new drugs I'm assuming...).

I called back on Friday, and told him the number (the urgent care hadn't faxed over the results at that time) and he said congratulations!  I then turned into 'psycho patient' and asked if my numbers were low, because Dr. Google told me they were, and I just don't know what to do, and, and, and.... then he made me stop.  He said that my little one just took some time on the way down the tubes (and so that probably meant he was going to be a boy, because you know how men are, they never ask for directions...) and took some time picking his place to snuggle in.  He said I'm VERY early in my pregnancy, but that's what we knew- and that's what that number signifies.


My RE isn't worried, so I guess I shouldn't be... yeah right!  We decided to tell our parents today, so we drove up to my in-laws house.  For the last pregnancy, I told my parents first, then his Mom and StepDad, and then his Dad and StepMom, so for this one we did it in opposite order. We just got back from our trip to New Mexico, so I printed off a bunch of pictures from the trip... and put this one as the last one.
Photobucket

We told everyone we are excited... but cautious.  We are taking this pregnancy week by week, appointment by appointment.  Travis informed me I would get a baby shower in the delivery room!  We probably won't be that extreme, but we definitely aren't planning anything.  Anything.

We talked about it the night before we tested (and knew we were going to test the next morning) and decided that part of what hurt so much is that our plans were gone.  We were going to go shopping for 'baby stuff' on Black Friday (I lost the baby November 21st).  People were already saying all our Christmas presents were going to be 'baby related'.  Obviously, we were devastated that we lost our Sea Monkey, but we also lost the plans we had for our happy family. 

So for now, I'm 4 weeks pregnant-Today.  For now, I'm pregnant.  For now, I'm happy.  For now, I'm going to be annoying, and put the little moving bundle of cells on my page, and I'm going to let you know that my little one is the size of a poppy seed.

For now.

We'll see what happens with the beta on Monday. 

5 comments:

  1. remember, all babies start out as a teeny tiny blastocyct.

    i'm sending you happy, healthy thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats love, so glad it is official! Does it mean our daily texts will end? I'll miss you terribly!

    I love the tickers...can't wait to watch your peanut grow!

    babyparamore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have an award on my blog-check it out!

    babyparamore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATULATIONS.

    I understand the worry and fear. I am glad you're choosing to focus on the good. Today you are pregnant, an what a beautiful thing it is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy for you! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete