Thursday, August 27, 2009

What does the future hold?

Well, according to our our fortune cookies, "The current year will bring you much happiness" and "No need to worry! You will always have everything that you need". That's good, right? RIGHT!?! Today was the baseline scan for this next cycle. Everything looks good, apparently. They kept me on 100mg of Clomid, since it made everything work last time. I start the divigel again.... joy. I had to refill most of my prescriptions, and can I just say, thank goodness for TriCare! I complain about them a lot, or at least our last base's clinic, but I take most of that back now. My monthly prescriptions: Folic Acid.......$2.99 (30 pills) Clomid............$3.00 (10- 50mg) Divigel ...........$9.00 (30 packets) Endometrin...$9.00 (4 1/2 weeks worth) Ovidrel...........$9.00 (trigger shot) Grand Total: $32.99 Now some of these last me longer then just once cycle, like the Endometrin, I only used 1/2 of what I got last cycle, so the whole prescription will get me through two cycles, same thing with the Divigel, I only used 21 last cycle, so I get to overlap these too. There is also the baby aspirin, and prenatal vitamins, but those were what... $4.00 for a thousand, ok maybe not a thousand, but close! I was just surprised at how low the cost truly was, combined with zero co-pays, we know we are lucky, and will probably become emotionally exhausted before we become financially exhausted.

1 comment:

  1. I had a fortune cookie about 3 weeks before I found out I was pg that said "this year will be all about family" :) thanks for checking out my blog! I'm excited to follow you!

    ReplyDelete