Sunday, August 16, 2009

Happy Birtday Little Brother!

So my amazing little (sort of) brother turned the big 19!!! Enjoy it, it's the last of your teen years, and then it's on to 'adult hood', where you have to be responsible and stuff! 19 years ago we brought him home (after a horrible rain storm... and yes, brought, he's adopted just like me!). And 18 years ago, 50 weeks, I was ready to send him back. No joke, asked Mom and Dad if we could take him back to that place. :) I guess I missed being center of attention. However, he is one of my friends, though we have fought (literally hunh!), but I am so proud of him! He is an amazing young man, though I'm not sure he quite believes that all the time. He has a niece who ardors him, parents who love him so much, and a short sister who always wanted a 'big brother' to take care of me... he may be younger, but at this point, he will always be 'bigger'. Ben, I love you, and miss that I don't get to see you but a few times a year. You make me smile in more ways then I can count, including the bear you made for me when you were in elementary school, and I was getting ready to go to college. It was my Christmas Present, and when you 'built' it at the store, you made a wish on the felt heart, that "your sister wouldn't cry anymore.". I will forever remember that memory, and it comforts me still. In fact, 'Ben's Bear' (as he is known), has been with me through every move, and every surgery I've had. Love you little brother, hope you had a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment