Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Private Yoga Lesson

So when I went to yoga today, I was the only one in the class... so you know what that means, PRIVATE YOGA LESSON! Our gym has 3 different yoga teachers, and this was the first time that I had been with her. She asked me what my goals were, and I told her since the Air Force is paying for our gym membership, I figured that I should take advantage of it! And since there has been 5 knee surgeries, yoga is about it! I told her we were trying to get pregnant, and she got really excited, and screamed "oh yea, we are going to do restorative yoga!" Soo... ok. It was a lot of getting into a position where your whole body was supported by props (bolsters, blankets, blocks) and then just laying there relaxing. She would put a sweet smelling eye mask on me every time, and each pose was about 5 minuets long. I'm not sure how much it helped, but it was enjoyable. However, there isn't much 'toning muscles' in this type of yoga, so I'm not sure how often it will be done in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment