Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Shots...

So after this mornings ultrasound to figure out if the DF kept growing, the discussion turned to the trigger shot. We had never gotten to this point in any of the cycles before, so this was hallowed ground, sort of. I've always had the attitude of take as much from me (ie-blood) but not so much a fan of putting stuff in me (ie-shots). Needles don't bother me, as long as I don't have to watch it. They had to do blood work to see if my lh had already started to surge, and then decide on when I should do the shot. Dr. S said that we could take Trav's schedule into consideration. Once the blood work came back, the nurse called me and said I needed to trigger within 6 hours. It was just before noon, so we figured to do it right away so that 36 hours later would be just before midnight on my birthday (what a great present this could be)! Since we were triggering during office hours, Travis was much relieved that the nurse let me come back so she could give it to me, and he didn't have to. My hip/butt is kinda sore, but I guess at this point we're just counting down 36 hours... Dr. S has added more drugs, I think I need to get one of those little 'weekly' pill cases. Daily I do the folic acid, low-dose aspirin, prenatal vitamin, and the yucky Divigel (it will forever be know as that, until something yuckier comes along). Joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment