Thursday, February 24, 2011

Fertile Myrtle

The surgery went well today, I guess besides the flood of tears that came.  Whenever I get anxious, I usually well up, get very quite, and just in a zone.  I've had 12+ surgeries, it's always happend.  The nurse today was trying to cheer me up, get me talking about something new, and asked if I had any children.  Ya, great question after yesterday... I started sobbing.  I choked out that I had 6 in heaven.  I've NEVER been like this, ever, I felt so bad for the nurses that had to take care of me.  I am usualy much more put together...

I woke up about 4ish, and aparently had a conversation with my best friend and my Mom....

(My husband was SUPPOSED to remove all technology from me until I was really no longer under the influence, not just lucid enough to convince him I was not under the influence... epic.fail.)





Tongiht, I was over at Suzy's blog not a fertile myrtle to let her know I 'drunk tweeted' about her giveaway....


So he's sitting next to me, and asked "what's a fertile myrtle"?  Really?  Really!  You've been married to an infertile woman for 6 years.  Wait, I'll give you a benefit of the doubt because we've only know that I've been infertile since 2007.... but really?!?

So... while trying to explain what a 'fertile myrtle' was (and going to google for help), I found this post, and HAD to share it!




Faint line at 11dpo

Fertile Woman: “I’m pregnant!” (tells friends, family and sticks a pregnancy ticker on her siggy)
IF Woman: “It’s probably a false positive….”

Strong line at 15dpo
Fertile Woman: Picking names…
IF Woman: “I’m not pregnant until its official with a beta”

Beta #1 comes back great
Fertile Woman: “I’m sure its twins”
IF Woman: “I won’t consider myself pregnant until I see a doubling beta”

Beta doubles
Fertile Woman: Starts working on designs for the nursery
IF Woman: “I won’t consider myself pregnant until I see a heartbeat”

Heartbeat
Fertile Woman: Starts shopping for maternity clothes…
IF Woman: “I won’t consider myself pregnant until I’m past the first trimester…”

End of First Trimester
Fertile Woman: “I can’t wait to know boy or girl already!”
IF Woman: “I won’t breathe a sigh of relief until my amnio comes back OK….”

End of Second Trimester
Fertile Woman: Has a baby shower
IF Woman: “I won’t breathe a sigh of relief till I’m clear for gestational diabetes and Rh antibodies…”

Third Trimester
Fertile Woman: “Pregnancy sucks. I can’t wait till he/she is here already”
IF Woman: “Wow.. I actually may be pregnant..!”

Birth of the baby
Fertile Woman: “We have a baby!”
IF Woman: “We have a miracle!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

14 comments:

  1. so very very true!!! Glad I'm not the only one that gets technology removed when drinking :) haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. How true! I don't even know that I would believe it as I was giving birth. The thought of actually giving birth or having a child of my own seems so foreign to me I don't know when it would actually hit me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, this pretty much sums it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the end. "we have a baby" versus "we have a miracle".

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the fertile vs infertile post. So true! Glad to hear your surgery went well today as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So,so, SOOOO true. I'm sitting here IN my 3rd trimester...after being told we wouldn't be able to have a baby...and I still am not sure I believe it's happening. Oh, I wish I could share the fertile myrtle's bliss!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you get some good results from your exploratory surgery.

    Good re-post

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh that is SOOOOO spot on, crack me up. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this post. Hoping they find something simple to fix and get you to feeling better asap!

    Thanks for the blog shout out, and the drunk tweet! LOL :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad everything went well. Drugs + technology are never a good combo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing, and glad everything went well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love what you found! I just found your blog through a series of other peoples blogs and I love it! I hope you don't mind, but I'm your newest follower! I can't wait to receive your updates. :D

    www.aliciamarie911.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I love that! I know that people will say that when babies come easily, they are just as wanted as babies that come harder. I believe that. But there is just something about those babies who were struggled for.

    ReplyDelete