* Clean our front bricks off (mortar is ALL over them) <---HOLY SHIT! My arm aches!
* Finish the Family Pictorial Album for our adoption packet (need to go through cd's with our trip pictures burned on it, then I'm done)
* Finish the questions for our adoption packet (haven't started... )
* Stabilize, stain, polly, assemble antique-ish dresser (biggest project on the list...nothing even planed)
* Re-pot flowers for newly stained bench (They are bought... to be potted tomorrow)
* Touch up paint in kitchen and master bathroom (Got the foam brushes to do this)
So... I've been working on the bricks... I have to use acid to clean them up. I was just going to clean up one of the steps, and then the corners (we have a rather large front entryway, I think). But then I noticed some 'mortar mess' on the walls leading up to the front door, and so I cleaned that.
And now I've scrubbed collectively for over 3 hours... with acid... in 96* weather....
Like I said, it has grown into a much bigger project then expected, so my 10 in 10 deadline is going to get blown out of the water. Bleh.
I've done about 35 feet (what is the side of our garage leading up to the front door) as high as I can reach standing (I'm short, so I'll need a ladder to do the top 3 or so feet.
It looks good. I can tell a huge difference. The 'mortar mess' was never anything real big, just one of those things you (as a homeowner who is slightly ocd about things like that) that you notice when I would walk up to the front door. It's one of those 'presentation' things that makes the front entryway look a lot better. I still need to do the top part of the left side, and all of the right (about 20 feet).
But my arm hurts. Aches really. So- I've updated everything else above in orange with what has been happening on those fronts...