Thursday, June 10, 2010

Packet II

I would be lying if I told you that yesterdays trip to the post office didn't hit me like a ton of bricks.

I literally put the packet on the mail counter, and just kinda stopped breathing for minute.

This is real.

We are adopting a baby.

We are going to have a baby.



We are still waiting on copies of our birth certificates to get mailed from our 'home states', and our letters of reference from our friends and family to be mailed to the agency. 

We also still have to finish our questions (there are 9 different ones we have to answer), and our family pictorial album (basically it puts a personality with the profile for the adoption review committee to 'get to know us'). 

But dang... we've taken another big step yesterday.

Once we get that all in, we wait for acceptance (I hope) or denial (not logical).

Then we start our home study process.

7 comments:

  1. That's a big step. I remember turning in our foster/adopt packets. It was exciting and scary all at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, isn't it incredible that something so seemingly small as putting an envelope in the mail can have such significance for your future? That really is amazing. I hope the review goes smoothly and quickly so you can move onto your home study and one step closer to your little one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I can't believe how quickly you're getting all of this stuff in order. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not to make light of what you are doing, but in thinking about all the steps, I got "Let's Get it Started" by the Black Eyed Peas stuck in my head, specifically the line: "step by step like you're into new kid".

    Appropriate wording, no?

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's really exciting! Congrats on getting the packet mailed in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your prayers!

    ReplyDelete