Thursday, March 4, 2010

Oxymoron

Tonight I worked out for the first time this week.  I have been doing Slim in Six, and it has done well!  I've lost about 9 pounds so far (steady-sometime more depending on the time I weigh myself).  I also fit into a size 4 jeans (I think the line runs big though), which I haven't done since I got married 5 years ago. 

The end of the DVD has some yoga, which I have grown to love.  I always work out in my bedroom, because when its just me there is enough room (Trav sometimes does the ab part of the workout) and the fan is *right* above me.


I'm truly a country girl at heart, but I have a mix of everything on my play-list.  One of my favorite songs to listen to yoga is "You can have whatever you like" because there is a funny joke.  My husband (who is a tight wad- to say it nicely) re-wrote the song that includes lines like "you can pick whatever you want off the dollar menu"  and "pick something up, if I can fit it in the budget".  Tonight I listened to Lil' Wayne and Eminim's  "Drop the World".



For the first time, in a long time, I looked in the mirror while doing yoga (and listening to hard rap music - which makes it kinda an oxymoron) and almost started crying. I saw a strong, beautiful, successful woman.



I guess my emotions fit with about 90% of the song, I can't relate to being black (hello- I'm about as white as they come) and jumping in the spaceship, because thats just crazy.

1 comment:

  1. Look at you Ms Sexy in her size four jeans...I'm so proud of you!

    Nice song! :)

    ReplyDelete