Tuesday, August 24, 2010

ugh...

Holy freaking cow.


I'm exhausted.

I'm teaching a long term 4th grade assignment.

Today was the first day of school.

By lunch, I knew WITHOUT.A.DOUBT. that I will never teach 4th grade full time.

This is for 8 weeks...

I can deal with anything for 8 weeks....

And, since I've got my teaching degree, I 'max' out the pay scale....

HELLO DOWN PAYMENT FOR OUR BABY!!!
(otherwise known as the fee for our agency to get into the 'match book')

Oh, and I'm taking college courses.

Yesterdays brought on a mild panic attack. 

It was a graduate level course that should be taken right before you write your thesis.

It has a 40 page paper that is the 'jump-off spot' for your thesis.

I haven't even applied to the master's program....

(Yes, I'm one of those people that just randomly takes classes....grad level or not!)

So... to find a new class to replace that one... and I'll be good....

Now where is my wine?

5 comments:

  1. The first day is always the hardest! I think you will learn to love Grade 4 they are at such a great age. Although even if you don't learn to love them the pay sounds well worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a crazy day.

    Hope you were able to enjoy that glass of wine and get some good sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe the 4th graders will grow on you??? :)

    Get out of that class now, woman!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 8 weeks! It will fly by. The wine does help. :) I am in awe of your drive to learn. I still get those test taking nightmares and thank the lord I dint have to do that anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It will get much much better!!!!! Hang in there and put your feet up!

    ReplyDelete