Saturday, August 14, 2010

double check

I'm exhausted... I'm ready for summer to be over... I want to sleep a FULL week in my own bed, with no one else in our house but me and my love. 

We have been constantly on the go since the beginning of July.  This past weekend we went to Wisconsin for my husbands cousin's wedding.  It was great, I got to meet a lot of his Aunt's and Uncle's that I had never met before.  But... we drove 9 hours on Friday, Wedding was Saturday, we recovered from the reception Sunday, and drove 9 hours home on Monday...

Worked Tuesday and Wednesday.

Went to my in-laws (an hour away) to babysit on Thursday (was supposed to be Friday too).

Found out Thursday that I could get a long term substituting position if I could get back home by Friday morning.... so went home Thursday night.

Did the 'training' with the classroom teacher all day Friday, who is about to go on maternity leave.

Friday at 4:00 got done with training, and within the hour was packed and on our way to where our agency is located.  We got in after dark, checked into the hotel and went and got Panda Express (one of my favorite restaurants), took it back to the hotel, ate, and slept.

Today we sat through 256 powerpoint slides.  It was all important information, but it was flippen TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY SIX SLIDES!!!! 

We left and came home, have been home for about an hour and found out my in laws are coming to spend the night!  WHOHOO!  Really, I love them, all of them, and I even invited them but damn I'm tired.

I'll post pictures soon of all of the above.... but for now, I'm not.  :)

Oh, since this whole post was about our 'double check', we can check off two more things.  We were waiting for one last thing to get mailed (by someone else) to the agency, and had to do this training... check and double check!

Next up... infant CPR class this Thursday.

2 comments:

  1. OMGoodness 256 slides. I thought it was bad when a professor gave us a 95 slide presentation.

    Oh and I love your new background. It is new, right? Or am I just going crazy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your position! No more cheese counting for you. :)

    ReplyDelete