Friday, August 6, 2010

cards

So... Travis is not so much of a card person, birthdays, anniversaries, hates them. One time I got him a birthday card, he saw it before I singed it, and said "Thanks, now we can take it back". I refused, so he returned his OWN birthday card to Wal Mart.... no joke.


Because of this, after six years, I try not to get my hope up whenever a 'card occasion' comes along.


This is what I woke up to this morning:

So another birthday has arrived for my love. I hope that you will be comforted in knowing that it was 27 years ago today, God had a unique plan for you. 27 years ago, He said to a couple named Jim and Barbara "I want to give you a gift, a gift so special that only you two are special enough to raise her. A little girl that you will make pancakes for every morning on her birthday. She will be a girl that will sit and collect tadpoles in a pond out in her yard and then catch lightning bugs in a jar on the beach. No I've mad this girl to be someone who has such an explosive creative side that she can make a wreath out of a box of red Christmas ornaments or a bag of coffee filters. A woman who will pour out everything she has into something or someone, and when she has no more, will give jus a little more. Then.... on day, I'm going to have someone else take over my special daughter. A guy that can try and tame that explosiveness, a man who will care for her and do his best to make her happy. Who will give her his heart and promise to be there for her. And continue each year, like her father, to make her pancakes for her on her birthday."

Honey I know this isn't how you'd think to spend your 27th birthday, but if its any consolation, I'm so glad that we'll be together, and who knows, maybe we can even dance to a song or two at the wedding. I love you and thank you for being a part of my life and letting me be a part of yours.


In all my love, Happy Birthday!


Ya, he's a keeper... now I have to go eat my pancakes, and pack to start our 10 hour trip North to his cousins wedding!

9 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I got choked up just reading this. He's a keeper for sure. I am so happy you have someone so wonderful in your life who loves you so much. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so precious. He is definitely a keeper!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Incredibly sweet! Happy birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww. Def. a keeper!

    Happy Birthday and have a safe trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was so sweet!!!!!!!!!! Happy Birthday! I hope the wedding is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We both have a Travis (mine is Travers) and the both hate cards! Can't believe it. I'm glad yours has come 'round! xx

    ReplyDelete