Sunday, September 26, 2010

damn, damn, damn.

It happened.... she lost the baby.  My heart aches for her.  So much, that it happened earlier this week, and this is the first that I can actually bring myself to write about it... and this is about all I can write.

Damn.

I hate that I know exactly how it feels, even more currently then I care to admit.

Apparently my husband is such a stud, he can knock me up even when we aren't trying.

When we're working on an adoption.

A week before our home study.

Of course, since he can knock me up on birth control, when the hormones end... so does the pregnancy. 

Double damn.

It's been a hell of a week, let me tell you!

Over the phone, the doctor said that then next option was surgical... we're not sure that we are ready for that.  We've not committed to NEVER having children of our own, just not right now.  Right now we know our first born will come to us through the gift of adoption.  That's what we want, that is the desire of our heart, and that is where God has led us.

We have an appointment on Wednesday to talk with Dr. S about where to go from here.

8 comments:

  1. I am so sorry for both you and your SIL. My heart aches for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness. I'm so sorry. You are both in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am truly so sorry to hear about you and your SIL. Why, why, why we ask, this is so unfair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I'm so sorry, Jenn. Much love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of my college friends just recently had a loss after early announcement as well. My heart breaks for their having to realize that it doesn't always work perfectly easily.

    I'm sorry you are going through that, again. It's so not fair.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear. Jen. I'm sorry. sigh. No words.

    ReplyDelete